||[Mar. 16th, 2009|09:54 pm]
|||||My thinking chair||]|
|||||Gossip Girl on DVR||]|
1. I have discovered Jack Spade...... I am in love.
2. When was the last time that you had sex? I feel like I am churning butter in my loins.
3. United States of Tara is the best new tv show of the year. Well, next to RuPaul's Drag Race.
3a. I am recently infatuated with Diablo Cody: she was a stripper, she wrote Juno, and she writes United States of Tara. Two thumbs up.
4. I need to go out more. Not just one day a week. I need to start working to live, instead of living to work. A guy at my high school once gave a speech about "fishing for the fish, and fishing for the fishing". As fulfilling as fishing for the fish can be, you will always get more spiritually from fishing for the fishing.
5. I should be drunk right now. Maybe if I click my heels three times, a margarita will magically appear in my mouth.....
I've never gotten into Jack Spade, but that's simply because I haven't given it the time it deserves. But I'll be sure to check out US-T; I didn't realize that it was written by the woman who wrote Juno (which is, of course, sublime).
Also--I dunno, but I really don't get a lot of pleasure out of going out any longer. Granted, I feel like I'm about 40 years old, but... well, I haven't found getting drunk simply for the sake of getting drunk all that fulfilling. Getting drunk and bullshitting with friends, yes, but the Loud, Hipsterish, Crowded bar scene in NY simply doesn't do it for me, as much as I'd like it to.
Oh yeah, I agree about the getting drunk to get drunk thing. It's only fun when you are gabbing with friends and you just end up drunk or tipsy, it's like an added bonus.
When i was talking about going out, I don't even mean clubbing, i literally leaving my house for a reason other than to go to work. I kind of turn into a hobbit after work and on the weekends. It's not cute, haha. If you feel 40, then you'd think that I was a senior citizen. Miss you man